Writemex

Fear and loathing and a good bit of love in my writing life.

Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

I've been a writer since the age of three, beginning with the oral tradition of storytelling. My first audient was my younger brother. He was reluctant. I remember lying on him in the back of the family Buick, on a trip from Iowa to Texas in 1949, to insure his full attention to my tale.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Thirty-One Words by Writers for Artists

New Mexico Culture Net sent out an interesting publicity release for Crane Bill's Books of Albuquerque. It was a call for entries for their upcoming desk-top note pad for artists. They are looking for submissions with these three requirements 1.) must be prose 2.) multiple submissions accepted, and 3.) must be 31 words, no more no less. The title of the publication will be 31. Deadline April 1. Payment if your submission is selected is in copies only. I am not sure what the significance of 31 words is, but the challenge is interesting. Mostly, for this writer, a challenge to decide what subject area to attempt to write something meaningful or entertaining or beautiful in 31 words.

And here's my link to technorati for this blog
Technorati Profile

Copyright © 2007 by Martie LaCasse

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home