Writemex

Fear and loathing and a good bit of love in my writing life.

Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

I've been a writer since the age of three, beginning with the oral tradition of storytelling. My first audient was my younger brother. He was reluctant. I remember lying on him in the back of the family Buick, on a trip from Iowa to Texas in 1949, to insure his full attention to my tale.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Becoming a Writer Seriously

I just stumbled (yes my usual mode of negotiating the Internet) on to a wonderful "blog" on writing for writers. Unlike my own, which acts as a tool of exploration of my own experiences as a writer and hopefully passes on some interesting information, ideas, inspiration to other writers, this blog is loaded with practical information.

Titled Becoming a Writer Seriously; Tools and Trade Secrets for Aspiring Writers, the blog was conceived and developed by friend and fellow member of the Puerto Vallarta Writers Group, Tom Colvin. Though Tom refers to Becoming a Writer Seriously on the About Us page as a blog, it is to me a full-fledged serious website. This last statement may further expose my confusion in the cyber world...oh well.

Becoming a Writer Seriously promises to provide software, tools, secrets and how-to information for writers, screenwriters, novelists. Tom says, "In gestation for over a year, this blog was launched the first week of January 2007. To avoid overload on vistors & subscribers, major posts will be uploaded only once or twice a week, along with whatever tidbits about tools and trade secrets for writers come to light. Emphasis will be on detailed descriptions of HOW writers can utilize available TOOLS to best advantage. Over time, the blog will also provide an overview of the various pieces comprising the BUSINESS side of writing. Our aim is to become an indispensible resource & reference on the web for writers."

Check it out and let me know if you find it helpful.

Copyright © 2007 by Martie LaCasse

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home