Writemex

Fear and loathing and a good bit of love in my writing life.

Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

I've been a writer since the age of three, beginning with the oral tradition of storytelling. My first audient was my younger brother. He was reluctant. I remember lying on him in the back of the family Buick, on a trip from Iowa to Texas in 1949, to insure his full attention to my tale.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Writing, Sitting and Walking

Just discovered from the Natalie Goldberg website, which I mentioned in a previous post, that Natalie is giving what sounds like a fascinating workshop in Santa Fe, New Mexico in mid-September. The title is compelling enough, The World Comes Home; The practice of Writing, Sitting and Walking. But, in addition, it is scheduled to be held at the beautiful Upaya Zen Center in Santa Fe. Unfortunately, I will be writing furiously with Karen Blomain in Santa Fe at her writers workshop, Personal Writing; Memoir and Poetry, September 15-17. I am sure there will be more serenity at the Upaya Center. But that is for another time in my writing life. My muse needs Karen's capable prodding right now. Though, I know I will feel a tug toward the hills north of the Plaza that week-end. Writing, sitting and/or walking, whatever moves our hand across the paper or the keyboard...let's do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home